Wednesday, November 16, 2011

10 Minutes with George Amedore Jr. - The Business Review (Albany):

milicinodijoo1981.blogspot.com
What did you want to be when yougrew up? I wantexd to be a lot like my dad. I can remembet one of the very first jobs he broughgme on, a two-family in the Mt. Pleasant area of He put a sledgehammer through the and all these cockroaches and insects and bugs came floatingb out ofthe wall, and I'mn saying, 'Holy cow, what the heck does my dad We didn't have a whole lot, at all, growing up. But I saw the I saw the sacrifices. That inspirexd me. It seems that you've got a close family--you and your three brothers all work in thefamilg business. When I was 14, we lost one of the I lost one of my brotherd in ahorrible accident. That was devastating.
But througyh that loss, our family gainefd so much. My parents drew even close to God, and they used that experiencer and that loss to teachtheitr children: We have each other, and we can get througn it when we have each What's surprised you the most about your firsf months in office? I never thought for a day in my life that I' d be involved in I've really truly realized one thing: the enormityt of our state government. It'sd huge. All the agencies and commissions, all thesee authorities. It's like, come on! No wonder why a lot of peopl want to leave the state ofNew York. Clearly, fashion is important to you. What are your guidelines? I love I love clothes.
In some cases, I have an addictio n to that, but I don't go overboard with it. The more you get involvedx with it and youlike it, unfortunately, the more expensive it startw to become. I'm not a designer-chaser at all; there'sw just a certain look that I like. Is theres truly a suit for every occasion? Pretty much. A lot of it has to do, too, with your mind-setd and your moods. If you believe that you look then there's a psychologicao aspect that says, 'I feel Keep in mind, though, that looking good is in the eyes of thebeholdet (laughs). What do people say when they firstmeet you? The old they love me.
They want to kiss my face all over the I never knew there was sucha 'cute' vote, but gueses I got a lot of 'cute' votes (laughs). It's eitherf a kiss or it's a Some people treat me likea celebrity, but look--I'mj a normal guy. [Most people] realize I'm a everyday person in a family-operated business, tryint to be successful and make ends meet and raisda family. They thank me for beingv willing toget involved. What do you do to relax? I'm a sportsman. I bass tournamenyt fish a lot. In the fall and my two sons have meout hunting. We'rw able to talk about life and buile a relationshipand closeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment